Did you score a last minute babysitter and are looking for something to do this weekend? Here are fourteen things you should check out for Valentine’s Day!
- Hotel Tango Cocktail Class: Learn from the Hotel Tango mixologists how to make your own infusion, simple syrup and shrub. Then have fun creating custom cocktails that are sure to impress your next dinner guests. Tickets include two cocktails, recipe cards for each ingredient, and a 375ml bottle. Two sessions available on February 14: 6 p.m. and 8 p.m. The price is $45 per person.
- Urban Vines Winery and Brewery in Westfield: Reserve a see-through heated igloo and spend time “outdoors” in the winery with a glass of one of their award-wining wines. The igloos can be rented for $10 an hour, and reservations can be made Thursday through Sunday by calling the winery at 317-763-0678.
- This Valentine’s Day, Chik-fil-A wants chicken lovers to fall in love with limited-edition boxes of fried chicken bites. Forget about chocolates and strawberries, bring home a heart-shaped tray of its famous chicken nuggets (or mini sandwiches) instead. Just swing by your local Drive through and ask for it!
Dirty Dancing in Select theaters: Relive one of the most iconic love stories of all time this weekend. The film is rated PG-13, so you could even introduce Baby to your teens if you wanted to make it a family affair.
Hip Hop & Romance at Rook with Chef Ben Hardy of Gallery Pastry Shop and Rook’s own, Carlos Salazar: 4 Courses, plus drink pairings, bubbles and all that love making music.
Bar One Fourteen: Dark, intimate, and delicious. Don’t miss out on one of Indy’s most sensuous experiences. I’m talking about the Fancy AF burger. February 14th – 16th, the chef will be offering a beautiful four-course menu. $150 per couple, $95 per person. Call for reservations.
- Couples Yoga Night: Holliday Park is offering a special Valentine’s Day Yoga night designed for couples and partners. Explore basic partner poses that will help strengthen and deepen your connections as a couple. Relax and just have fun with it, beginners welcome! 6:15 pm. $12 Drop-in. Pay at the front desk. Couples receive a $5 discount!
- Let’s Make a Date at the White Rabbit Cabaret: What a perfect time to celebrate the six year anniversary of Indy’s only live dating gameshow. Enjoy this Valentine’s Day for a night of laughs at “Let’s Make A Date!” Everyone will enjoy the audience participation and chances to win prizes. The ultimate prize is a date with a Bachelor or Bachelorette! Tickets available.
- Sharing the Love: All are invited to kick off Valentine’s Day at The Indianapolis City Market – Sharing the Love event. Married couples have the opportunity to revisit and celebrate their wedding vows during a special vow renewal ceremony beginning at 11 a.m. The ceremony will be officiated by Indianapolis Mayor Joe Hogsett.The event will feature live music as well as cupcakes from City Market merchant Simply Divine Cupcakes. Commemorate the day with your special someone with a photo at the decorative picture station available to all!
- Cher: Enough said. The one and only Cher is set to hit the road with the HERE WE GO AGAIN Tour and will make a stop in downtown Indianapolis on Valentine’s Day on Thursday, February 14, 2019 at Bankers Life Fieldhouse. You should be there.
- Celebrate St. Valentines Day at Nestle Inn: What could be more romantic than chocolate. Take a chocolate cooking class together and leave with some chocolate to go. Rooms are available as well, if you’d like to make a night of it and go out on Mass Ave for dinner after the class. This class is for attendees who are 21 years of age.
- The Nickel Plate Express: Take a 24-mile, 75-minute round-trip excursion through Arcadia, Atlanta, and Cicero. You have 3 options this weekend, a Mimosa brunch trip, a wine-tasting ride, or a beer sampling adventure! Tickets are available for Saturday and Sunday.
- Singles Game Night at Books and Brew Mass Ave: Single on Valentines Day?? Want something free and fun? No problem! Show up around 7pm and try some new brews and board games. The place will be full of other singles to play games with! $5 wine specials.
- Netflix and Chill: Seriously, if you have a babysitter, lock yourself up in your room with some good takeout, make the sitter put the kids to bed and relax for a couple of hours and don’t feel guilty about it. Ever.
What’s your favorite date night idea around the city?