The past year has thrown more curveballs than we could have ever imagined. It has been hard, it’s been trying and it has full of unknowns. But if there is one thing we are certain about, we know how hard the educators in our schools have worked over the last year. Teachers, instructional assistants, professors – we are looking at you!
We are thrilled to announce our search for one of the most amazing Indianapolis Mom Educators in our city!
While all moms are carrying a heavier load these days, especially during quarantine, we wanted to take this time to spotlight moms that are educators and carrying an enormous burden this year. The Indianapolis Moms team wants to honor and celebrate these incredible women and to cheer them on as they continue to do this important work both at home and for our children in the Indianapolis community.
We are looking for moms who stand out in a crowd. Do you know a mom who is an educator? This includes elementary, middle school and high school teachers. Maybe she is an instructional assistant, a preschool teacher or professor. What is she doing to make a difference for others? Does she set an example and offer encouragement for others around her? How has she had to sacrifice so that she can continue to serve our children and schools during this crucial time?
Indianapolis Moms Who Teach might be your own mom, your neighbor, your grandmother, your best friend, or anyone else you admire.
How to nominate someone for Indianapolis Moms Who Teach:
- Complete the form to nominate an Indianapolis-area mom who is currently working as an educator.
- Submissions will be accepted through Friday, April 30, at 5 p.m. EST.
- The Indianapolis Moms team will determine finalists, and you — our community — will cast the final vote on Facebook.
The winner will be announced on May 7th, 2021.
One amazing Indianapolis Mom will win this prize package valued at over $800 from our generous local sponsors:
This prize package includes:
- One Night Stay at Embassy Suites Downtown Indianapolis
- One tapping session from Mothering Freely
- A facial from Spavia Fishers
- Two spray tans from Air-Tan Air Brush Tanning
- A $50 gift card for dinner at Big Lug
- Adley Vegan Leather Brown Fringe Backpack from Magnolia Boutique
- One bottle of Traminette and a bottle of our Circle City Red Wines from Daniel’s Vineyard and Winery
- Local bag of coffee and a gift card to Calvin Fletcher’s Coffee Company
- A gift basket from Main Street Treats
- One 9 inch Apple Crumb Pie from Becky the Bakester
- A $15 gift card to Quack Daddy Donuts in Westfield
- One dozen ears of corn from My Dad’s Sweet Corn
All nominees will be featured in a post on Indianapolis Moms, so we can celebrate all of the heroes in our community. Finalists will be featured on Indianapolis Moms’ social media accounts, and the winner of the grand prize will receive a special feature on our website!