FALL is here and OCTOBER has arrived. Here is our round up of some of the fun activities and events happening this month in Indianapolis and the surrounding areas!
We are thrilled to bring this resource in collaboration with one of our favorite community partners, Renew Dental Arts.
Meet Our Sponsor: Renew Dental Arts
Did you know the average American spends 38.5 total days brushing their teeth over a lifetime?
Renew Dental Arts takes a comprehensive approach to dentistry, as nothing in the body functions in isolation. Dentistry is much more than 32 teeth, and many conditions present symptoms in the mouth. Dr. Miller’s training includes treating patients who aren’t getting a good night’s sleep due to sleep apnea, babies who are having trouble breast/bottle feeding and require a laser tongue tie or lip tie frenectomy, or the acid reflux that has been left undiagnosed and untreated.
We have invested in the latest technology to offer the best care to our patients, including our recent purchase of a 3D printer. This allows us to offer digital impressions, useful for treatment planning, crowns, Clear Correct aligners, and so much more! We also offer same day crowns and other final restorations.
Renew Dental Arts also understands that choosing an Indianapolis dentist is an important decision for your family. From the moment you walk in the door, you’ll be welcomed by a caring staff in a relaxed, stress-free environment where the whole family can feel at ease. Call our office at 317-602-8924 to schedule your appointment!
For more information, visit their website.
Events Around Our City
Check out some of our other guides for specific fun around the city!.
Indianapolis Moms Event – MARK YOUR CALENDAR!
Sundaes with Santa – November 30th 10:00am – 12:00 pm at Plum Creek Golf Club in Carmel
Join us for a morning with Santa! Attendees will enjoy ice cream from Hudsonville Ice Cream, activities and games from local businesses and shopping from vendors. Each family will have a private photo opportunity with Santa with our professional photographer along with the chance to take their own pictures too! Tickets will go on sale soon – stay tuned for more details!
The Children’s Museum: First Thursday Discount Evening: 4-8pm
On First Thursday Nights, you can pay $5 per person to visit either the museum or the Riley Children’s Health Sports Legends Experience. For $7, you can buy a ticket to both! This is only between the hours of 4 and 8 p.m.
October 3rd-October 27th
Indianapolis Zoo presents ZooBoo- Activities run THURSDAY-SUNDAY. Open until 9PM FRIDAY-SATURDAY.Is regular October too humdrum, but haunted houses to creepy-crawly? Come to the Zoo for super-duper Halloween activities, amazing animals and pumpkins galore! ZooBoo is always a fun family experience for itty-bitty ghouls and goblins, as well as the bigger kids. October weather means active animals, colorful foliage and a new season to explore. Combine that with engaging activities, spooktacular costumes and trick-or-treating — plus new, extended hours and the chance to boogie-woogie to a live DJ — and you’ve got an unforgettable family tradition. Woo-hoo!
Pumpkin Town: The Bicentennial Pavilion is home to a whimsical village with adorable cats and fancy rats, a friendly witch and a crafty pumpkin school where fun is in session! Thrills and fun are hiding around every corner inside the Candy Corn Factory Mirror Maze. Guests can also visit not-so-scary creatures in Jack’s Barn presented by State Farm or the cats being fostered in Bewitching Bites by our friendly witch. Through the Zoo’s partnership with the Humane Society of Indianapolis, guests can learn about adopting these adorable animals after Halloween. And, don’t forget to explore the friendly witch’s carnivorous plant, hat and magic wand collections! Little witches and goblins can make a craft at the Pumpkin School. Plus, the dance party is always going with Halloween hits from Patch Radio and the fall favorite, Pumpkin Bowling!
More ZooBoo Fun
- Broomstick Alley — now located near the Westside Café presented by Red Gold, test your broomstick skills in our obstacle course!
- Round-Go-Merry — the carousel that moves in reverse
- Spooktacular Train Ride — Enjoy a ride for a special view of the Zoo behind the scenes. Plus you’ll get a Halloween treat!
October 5th at 1pm
500 Festival mini-mini Kids Run: Indianapolis Motor Speedway- Indianapolis, IN
October 5th & 16th
Indy Eleven: Lucas Oil Stadium: 7pm
Support our hometown Indy Eleven team as they take on some tough competitors this month. Click the link for more game information and to purchase tickets.
October: All Month Long
PUMPKIN TIME at Tuttle Orchard: Tuttle Orchard- 9am-7pm
- Visit the Farm Store for Apples, Cider, and more. Check out all the fall items in the Farm Store.
- Pick your own Apples in the orchard to take home. Varieties coming soon.
- Tractor Town Adventure Farm Area Open: $5/child or see info below about Saturday combo pass.
- Watch the Bees: See the honey bees hard at work making honey.
- Take a hayride: Hop on the hayride and hear about the farm. 9:30AM-6:30PM $5/person or see info below about Saturday Combo Pass. Hayrides may close if raining.
- Enjoy the Agrimaze, Corn Maze. $5/person or see combo pass info below.
TREATS TO EAT:
- Tuttle’s Cafe and Sweet Shop: Caramel apples, apple donuts, apple cider slushies, fudge, and more.
- Tuttle’s Grill: Will be open from 10:30AM-6PM offering hot dogs, bratwurst, pulled pork sandwiches, roasted corn on the cob, and more. Enjoy fresh grilled meats from Indiana farms. Menu here.
- Covered seating is available in our greenhouse areas along with lots of outdoor seating.
Cost: There is no admission charge for the orchard. There is a separate charge for some activities and food items. Click on above links for more information about specific activities. Saturday Combo pass is available for $10 (includes Agrimaze, Tractor Town, and Hayride).
No pets are permitted due to food safety regulations.
Urban Chalkboard: Carmel, Indiana– 5-7pm
Looking for some inexpensive family fun? Head to the Urban Chalkboard for $5.00 family night. Enjoy pizza and fun activities on this discounted evening.
October (Dates vary based on YMCA location)
YMCA (All Locations- Dates Vary): PARENTS Night Out- 5-10pm
Head to your local YMCA for their KIDS NIGHT OUT EVENT. Parents, this event is perfect to allow yourself a night out on the town and the kids will be having fun too! Program activities include swimming, gym play, arts and crafts, and kid friendly movies. Dinner and snacks provided. Prices and details vary with each YMCA. Call your local YMCA for more details and date information.
PINEY ACRES FARM AND SCREAM PARK: A fall visit to Piney Acres Farm in rural Hancock County is full of interactive hands-ons fun for the entire family! The 73 acre farm is full of wide open space where families can connect and enjoy relaxed farm fun activities, both educational and entertaining, such as picking a pumpkin from our patch, hayrides, corn mazes, visiting with barnyard friends and autumn treats in our farm store.
For full hours, events and ticket info, visit: https://pineyacresfarm.com/fall/
- Indiana Pumpkin Picking
- Gourds & Indian Corn
- Indiana Corn Maze
- Barnyard Animal Encounters
- NEW Barnyard Tumbler Attraction
- NEW Duck Races
- NEW Apple Cannon
- Farm Store with Fall Decor Items
- Upgraded Menu Items in Our Snack Bar
- Expanded Kids Zone Featuring: Swings, Slides, Spider Climbing Net, Rock Wall Climbs, Suspension Bridge, Fire Man Poles, Cow Barrel Train, Rope Maze, Jump Pad, Mega Slide, Hay Mountain, Giant Rocking Chair, Climbing Tires, 4 Tier Sandbox, Pedal Carts, Zombie Shoot Game, Pumpkin Bowling, Barnyard Animals, Corn Hole, Horse Shoes, Fishing Game, Gem Mining and 1 Acre Kid’s Corn Maze.
October 1st thru October 27th
Hogan Farms Pumpkin Patch & Corn Maze- Brownsburg, Indiana
Hogan Farms Pumpkin patch & Corn Maze in Brownsburg, IN gives community members a place to come together and celebrate the fall with a hayride, corn maze, U-pick pumpkin patch, and a Petting Zoo. (Tuesday thru Thursday 2pm-6pm & Friday thru Sunday 10am – 6pm)
Visit their website for more info: http://brownsburgcornmaze.com/
October 1st-October 27th
Harvest Festival: Stuckey Farms- Sheridan Indiana
The Stuckey Harvest Festival runs each Saturday and Sunday from September 14th through October 27th. Each weekend we have a special theme. Come one weekend or come all weekends.
Admission is just $12.50 per person (under 2 free) for all day which includes free parking, unlimited wagon rides throughout the farm, an 8 acre corn maze, Adventure Acres, which has a 60-foot slide, pedal cars, a barrel train, kid’s size games and maze, and much more. Back by popular demand and included with this year’s admission is access to our Pig Races! You have to see it to believe it! The kids and probably the kids’ at heart will also love our Apple Cannons. Shoot them at our fun and loud targets. $5.00 gets you 10 shots.
October 10-12, 17-20, 24-27
Headless Horseman at Conner Prairie- The annual fall festival at Conner Prairie is full of activities, shows and spooktacular family fun. Take an adventure on the haunted hayride where you’ll get chased down by the Headless Horseman!
Ticket Prices & Information
Gates are open from 6-9 p.m.
Activities and hayrides may run until 10 p.m. or later.
PRESALE ADVANCE TICKETS, September 3-October 9*
- Basic Thursday or Sunday Ticket: $13 / ALL MEMBERS GET IN FREE
(No ticket required for all members)
- Premium Friday or Saturday Ticket: $17 / PLUS-LEVEL & ABOVE MEMBERS GET IN FREE
(No ticket required for plus-level and above members)
- Haunted Hayride
- Barrel-Train Ride for little ones
- Challenging Halloween Midway Games
- Hilarious New Shows
- Bounce Houses
- Graveyard Mini Golf
- Giant Pumpkin Plinko
- Pumpkin Bowling
- Headless Horseman Marionette Show
- The Amazing Magic Show
- Spooky Storytelling
- The Fortune-Telling Powers of the Mystic
- White River Monster – Maker Space
- Shows from Conner Scairie’s fun-loving ghouls
- 12-acre Corn Maze – featuring short, long, and spooky haunted mazes
Russell Farms Pumpkin Patch Fall Festival: Noblesville, Indiana
Head to Russell Farms for some fun October shenanigans. Admission charge ON WEEKENDS: $12 each, ages 3-20 | $10 each, ages 21 and older. Kids Two Years and Younger: Free
Veterans and Active Military Members: Free with Proper ID
Admission includes ALL UNLIMITED activities!
- Hayrides to the pumpkin patch
- Large 10 acre scavenger hunt corn maze
- Small 5 acre scavenger hunt corn maze (with prize)
- Petting zoo
- 18 Hole Miniature golf
- Two Human Hamster Wheels
- Rope Maze
- Bridge Fun
- High Striker Challenges
- Huge Jumping Pillow
- Toddler Bounce House
- Basketball Shoot
- Barn Bounce House
- Mount Russell Slide (44″ height requirement)
- Tumbleweed Ride (44″ height requirement)
- Whizzer Ride (44″ height requirement)
- Duck Race
- Train Ride
- Pedal Tractors
- Pedal carts for small children, teenagers, AND adults
- Giant play area for kids and adults
- Lasso a bull
- Old Fashion Checkers and Tic Tac Toe Game
- Huge Playground Areas
- Two Country Stores to shop
- Concession Area to purchase food
- Lots of other great games and activities at a safe country farm atmosphere with many beautiful picture opportunities!
Extra charge for:
- Pumpkins (average carving pumpkins range $5-$10)
|Friday||October 18||2-6pm||Special Fall Break Bonus Day!|
Irvington Halloween Festival: Irvington/Indianapolis, IN (Just 5 miles from Downton Indianapolis)
For 73 years, the Historic Irvington Halloween Festival has brought together thousands of residents, dozens of neighborhood organizations, and countless Eastside businesses in a fun-filled celebration of our heritage and community. The festival and its associated events are designed to bring awareness to the community, to bring commerce to local business and sponsors, and to provide fun for the children of Irvington and Indianapolis. The celebration now encompasses a week of events including a 5 mile run, a scholarship pageant, musicians, contests, Halloween-themed movies, storytelling, ghost tours, live theater, masquerade ball, a haunted puppet show and dozens of other events.
October 23rd at 4:30pm
Indianapolis Colts Kids Club Halloween Party: The Indianapolis Colts will welcome kids and families back to the annual Kids Horseshoe Halloween Party at Lucas Oil Stadium on Wednesday October 23rd from 4:30-8pm. The event will be open to all kids and their families, not just Colts Kids Club members. Tickets are FREE and you can grab them HERE. All children must be accompanied by an adult.
What to Expect
The Kids Halloween Party will feature discounted concessions, locker room tours, a family Halloween Photo opportunity and aa costume contest and parade. Guest can also enjoy the inflatables, various games, the Play60 Zone, music, face painting and much more!
Guests are encouraged to dress in their best costumes for a night filled with trick-or-treating, games and spooky fun! Plus the first 1,000 kids to enter Lucas Oil Stadium will receive a free Horseshoe cape!
- 4:30 p.m. – Party begins
- 6:15–7:15 p.m. — Autographs with Colts Cheerleaders
- 6:30–7:30 p.m. — Autographs with Colts players
- 7:15 p.m. – Performance by Colts Cheerleaders & Junior Cheerleaders
- 7:30 p.m. – Costume Parade
- 7:40 p.m. – Costume Contest winner announced
- 8 p.m. – Party ends
Movies at the Museum: Hocus Pocus: Indiana State Museum
Put on your PJs, grab a blanket, sleeping bag or lawn chair and join us for some movie magic with a classic Halloween favorite in our Great Hall. Refreshments will be available for purchase at IMAX. 7 p.m.–9:30 p.m. $3/members, $5/non-members
Family Creek Stomp: Holliday Park
Holliday Park has ponds and creeks teeming with wildlife. Participants have loads of fun getting wet and muddy exploring the creatures that live in these wet places. A naturalist helps identify what you find! Wear old shoes and clothes that can get dirty. Nets and collecting tubs provided.
Sunday, Oct. 27
$5/person, pre-registration required. Click HERE for more info.
Of course keep your eye out for local Trick-or-Treat times and festivities based on your city or town.