Ask just about anyone in the Midwest what the best season is here and the question will often be met with an enthusiastic “Fall!” With perfect temps, beautiful scenery, tasty treats, and more family-friendly activities than you can squeeze in, what’s not to love about this magical season? We teamed up with our partners from Children’s Dental Center to put together a list of some of our favorite things to do for this fall around Indianapolis so that you and your family can make the most of this time! And be sure to print off the printable Indianapolis Fall Family Bucket List at the bottom too!
Indianapolis Fall Family Bucket List
- Have fun picking pumpkins at Tuttles Orchards
- Make chili
- Carve/decorate pumpkins
- Spend time at the Indianapolis Zoo’s Zoo Boo
- Visit The Children’s Museum of Indianapolis’ Haunted House – the Frightful Frontier
- Enjoy an afternoon of fun at Lark Ranch in Greenfield
- Take a family trip to Conner Prairie’s Headless Horseman
- Make pumpkin bread
- Visit a roadside pumpkin stand
- Make a pine cone bird feeder
- Take a day trip to Brown Country for a scenic drive through the incredible fall foliage (or zip-line through the trees if you’re feeling adventurous!)
- Do a fall leaf craft
- Drink hot apple cider
- Take a picnic at Fort Harrison State Park
- Make turkey crafts
- Take a tour at Trader’s Point Creamery
- Make homemade Halloween costumes (Check out some super creative ideas on Pinterest)
- Make paper plate skeletons
- Purchase local apples and do crafts with your family
- Bake a pie
- Eat a caramel apple (or make your own mini caramel apples)
- Go on a family hike at Ritchey Woods Nature Preserve
- Go to a Friday Night campfire at Holliday Park
- Take family photos outside – check out our Guide to Indianapolis Photographers to schedule your session!
- Create a family tailgate in your driveway – here are some tips for grilling to help you get started!
- Roast pumpkin seeds
- Jump in a leaf pile
- Make a thankful tree
- Drink hot chocolate (and consider making some spiked)
- Donate to Gleaner’s Food Bank
- Make your kiddos a spooky breakfast with Spider Donuts
- Eat apples, visit the animals, and play in the hay at Apple Works
- Start a new family tradition by creating a turkey handprint pumpkin craft
- You love them at the orchards, now you can make your own – Apple Cider Slushies!
- Have a family movie night with classic spooky movies like Ghostbusters or Scooby Doo
- Make treat bags to donate to the troops!
- Attend the Indianapolis Colts Halloween Celebration
- Have a backyard bonfire and make S’Mores with the family
- Host a family outdoor movie – use a simple white sheet and hook up an affordable projector to watch a scary movie or even a classic, like It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown!
- Make a Fall themed breakfast with this mini pumpkin waffle maker – try using cinnamon rolls in it for an even sweeter treat!
Print off the Indianapolis Fall Family Bucket List below and hang it up so your family can cross off the fall fun as you complete it! Be sure to tag Indianapolis Moms and Children’s Dental Center when completing the activities so we can share in the fun with you too!
What are your favorite fall activities to do with the family around our city? Share with us below!
The Children’s Dental Center opened in Fishers, Indiana in March of 2007. We are located minutes from I-69 and are easily accessible by residents of Central Indiana, including the areas of Indianapolis, Noblesville, and Carmel.