Looking for a tasty and simple lasagna recipe for the family? This vegetable lasagna is just what you need! You can easily add meat to the recipe if desired too.
-oven ready lasagna noodles
-24 Oz pasta sauce + some water (1/2c ?)
-8 Oz ricotta cheese
-block of mozz cheese, shredded
-1-2 tbsp Italian seasoning (I used Penzey’s pasta sprinkle)
-veggies: 1 medium zucchini (sliced/ribbons) mushrooms (chopped), 1 bell pepper (chopped), 2 cloves garlic (chopped)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cut zucchini into thin ribbons, lay on a towel and salt generously. This pulls moisture out of your zukes, which will help prevent the lasagna from being too watery/soupy. Set aside.
- Mix ricotta (can also sub cottage cheese), about 3/4 of the mozzarella block (shredded), an egg, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Set aside for 15 minutes. Blot zukes with paper towel to remove water.
- Chop one bell pepper, mushrooms and garlic. Heat up olive oil in a big pan and add chopped veggies. Sauté for 3-5 minutes.
- Add pasta sauce and water to veggies in pan. Heat through.
- In a square baking dish, layer: sauce, lasagna noodles, sauce, zucchini, cheese mixture, noodles, sauce, zucchini, noodles and sauce. Top with remaining shredded mozzarella.
- Cover dish with tinfoil and bake in oven for 45 minutes.
- Let cool for 15 minutes, then serve up and enjoy!
Serve with a simple green salad for a complete meal. Or, if you’re like me and carbs are life, skip the salad and serve with a side of bread! I used Pillsbury’s French loaf in a tube (yes, just like their cinnamon rolls and biscuits) and it was delicious! Am I the only one that didn’t know this existed?! 10/10 would recommend, perfect addition for a quick dinner!
This recipe is easily customizable. Use whatever veggies you have on hand in the fridge. If you’d like to add meat, simply cook it in a skillet and add to the sauce mixture. Feeding a large family? Double the ingredients!
Tip: Add a baking sheet under the lasagna in the oven. Mine started bubbling and leaking sauce so now I have to clean my oven, womp womp.