There’s nothing I like better than a One Pot Recipe. They’re perfect for those super busy weeknights. You know, the ones where you’ve worked all day, come home to a house full of hangry kids and haven’t had a second to think about what’s on the menu for the evening. Enter One Pot Baked Lemon Garlic Pasta! This fresh, lemony, garlicky creation is perfect for those nights! And, I would guess that you probably have all the ingredients already in your fridge and pantry!
Ingredients You’ll Need:
- 16 oz box of pasta (I used rigatoni in our pasta.)
- 3-4 c of chicken or veggie broth
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- Juice from 1/2 of a lemon
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1/2 c cream (Using non-dairy is fine too!)
- 3/4 c shredded parmesan
- 3/4 c grated parmesan
- A handful of cherry tomatoes (Or any other veggie that sounds good to you!)
- A handful of parsley, chopped (You can substitute a tbsp dried parsley if needed.)
Steps for Cooking:
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- In a large baking dish, add pasta, broth, garlic, lemon juice, lemon zest and season with salt and pepper. (Note: I added some cherry tomatoes that I had on hand and wanted to use up so I added them too. You could also add another type of chopped veggie (1-2c) if you’d like!)
- Stir to make sure everything is evenly combined. You don’t need the pasta completely submerged, but you do want to make sure all the pasta is at least a little bit in the liquid. Otherwise you could end up with some hard, crunchy, uncooked pasta pieces at the end.
- Cover with foil and bake for 45-50 minutes.
- Once out of the oven, uncover and immediately add both cheese, stir to combine.
- Top with parsley and serve. Voila!
This One Pot Baked Lemon Garlic Pasta is the perfect meal for those crazy, busy nights. What is your go-to recipe when you are in a pinch?