I know, mama. It’s hard to get up every morning. You’re mentally and physically exhausted. You have a laundry list of things to do, plan, and make. All of this works for others, but what about yourself? A quick beauty routine is essential for any on-the-go mama. I get it, you don’t have enough time. You don’t even have enough time to THINK about having enough time! But listen, spend some time on yourself and you will glow the rest of the day.
Putting on makeup and fixing your hair can be a lengthy process. But, here’s the thing. It doesn’t have to be if you have the right tools!
Here is a quick beauty routine for all you busy, strong, hard-working women!
1. Invest in a microfiber hair wrap for after showering. You can “add to cart” on Amazon because these babies will save you on drying time. Throw your hair up while putting on makeup. Within minutes, most of the moisture is absorbed in the towel and you can easily blow-dry and style your hair. No time for a shower? Have you heard of dry shampoo? Spray that on your roots and overnight, it will absorb the oils in your hair. Wake up, brush your hair out, and hit it with some hot tools if needed.
2. Concealer and a beauty blender. Find a concealer that’s one shade lighter than your skin tone. Apply under your eye and blend down to your nose and up to the corner of your eye, also known as the “triangle of light.” Watch this video on the art of the concealer.
3. Eyeliner. It’s faster to just apply on your lower lash line, your mascara may make it appear you filled the top. Add a wing if you’re feeling fancy!
4. Mascara and eyelash curler. Apply a few coats of mascara after using the eyelash curler. Start from the base of your eyelash and “flick” up.
5. Eyebrow pencil. Brush and fill in following the natural arch of your brow.
6. Add some blush.
7. Then finish off with lipgloss or lipstick.
Once you get a hang of it, it only takes five minutes to apply. Possibly ten, if you’re adding hair into the mix!
It’s worth it to take time on yourself. You’ll notice yourself working better and feeling more confident. You may not do this every day, but it’s worth a shot to try every once in a while. Even if you just put on some lipgloss, that’s a win.
Do you have any favorite beauty tricks and tips?